California Consumer Privacy Act
Privacy notice for California residents
Effective: January 1, 2020
This Privacy Notice for California Residents is a supplement to AmeriFirst Financial Inc.’s (“AFI”) primary privacy notice which can be found on our website at amerifirstloan.com. This applies to all visitors, users and others who reside in the State of California (“consumers” or “you”). AFI has incorporated this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and other applicable laws. The terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when exercised in this notice.
Information we collect
We may collect personally identifiable information (“PII”) that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device through our website. We may have collected PII from consumers since January 1, 2020 in the following categories:
Use of PII
Performing services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing advertising or marketing services, tracking the usage of our website. Even if we do not retain information, it still will be transmitted to our servers initially and stored long enough to process.
We also use information that you provide us, including any PII:
- To give you information on our products and services.
- To provide you with information you’ve requested regarding our products and services.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you notices about your account
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including billing and collection.
- For any purpose with your consent.
AFI may use PII for the following business purposes:
- To fulfill the reason, you provided the information. For example, inquiring about a loan product that would require us to use your PII to respond your inquiry. We may save your information to inform you of any new products or services.
- To create, maintain and secure your account with us.
- To process your request for a loan.
- To provide support to your inquiries by validating your PII.
- To respond to a law enforcement requests as required by applicable law, court order or governmental regulations.
- For research and analysis to improve our website and mobile application.
- To evaluate and analysis the sale or transfer of AmeriFirst Financial Inc. assets, including but not limited to our servicing portfolio.
AFI will disclose your PII to a third party for a business purpose. We only share that information with the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
- Third parties that we partner with to offer loan products and services to you.
- Data Aggregators.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the right to:
- Request we disclose to you free of charge the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request:
- The categories of PII about you that we collected.
- The category of sources from which the PII was collected.
- The purpose for collecting PII about you.
- The categories of third parties to whom we disclosed PII about you and the categories of PII that was disclosed and the purpose for disclosing the PII about you.
- The specific pieces of PII we collected about you.
- Request we delete your PII, unless the CCPA recognizes and exception.
- Be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
We will acknowledge receipt of your request and advise you how long we expect it will take to respond once we have verified your identity. Requests for specific pieces of PII will require additional information to verify your identity.
If you submit a request on behalf of another person, we may require proof of authorization and verification if identity directly from the person for whom you are submitting a request.
In some instances, we may not be able to honor your request. For example, we will not honor your request if we cannot verify your identity or if we cannot verify that you have the authority to make a request on behalf of another person. Additionally, we will not honor your request where an exception applies, such as where the disclosure of PII would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of another consumer or where the PII that we maintain about you is not subject to the CCPA’s access or deletion rights.
We will advise you in our response if we are not able to honor your request. We will not provide social security numbers, driver’s license numbers or government issued identification number, financial account numbers, account passwords or security questions and answers, or any specific pieces of information if the disclosure presents the possibility of unauthorized access that could result in identity theft or fraud or unreasonable risk to data or systems and network security.
We will work to process all verified requests within 45 days pursuant to the CCPA. If we need an extension for an additional 45 days in order to process the request, we will provide you with an explanation for the delay.
If you would like further information on the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) please visit the following website; Click on Link below.
How to exercise your rights:
Complete the Online Personal Information Request form located here, and either email or print and mail to:AmeriFirst Financial, Inc. - Compliance
1550 East McKellips Road, Suite 117
Mesa, Arizona 85203
E-mail Us At:
If you have questions about this CCPA please feel free to call our Toll Free number 1-877-276-1974 and request to speak with the Compliance Officer.